Manifest, an IT and business consultancy for the housing sector, has been awarded a two-year contract to support and manage line-of-business applications by Tower Hamlets Community Housing (THCH).
Property Health & Safety, Urgent Works and Possession Proceedings: UK Government Guidance during the Covid-19 pandemic
Over the weekend, MHCLG published consolidated Guidance for Landlords and Renters. This covers three key areas:
- “Measures relating to notices seeking possession as amended by the Coronavirus Act 2020
- Court action on possession cases during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Property access and health and safety obligations in the context of Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions”*
What is it?
Our new Business Application Management Service (BAMS) is a fully flexible support service for some or all of your line-of-business applications.
We will tailor our service to your precise requirements, examples include:
- System administration
- Implementation and configuration
- Upgrades and patches
- Advice, training and guidance for users
- Housing System customisation and development
- Supporting existing custom solutions for all major Housing Systems, irrespective of whether Manifest developed these
- Business Analysis
- Project Management.
In spite of robust business continuity planning, we recognise that some clients might find themselves in need of short term help or advice because specialist staff are unavailable.
With this in mind, we are offering free advice and task support to any Registered Provider where they cannot resource in house as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- General line of business application support questions
- Practical advice on resolving repairs and maintenance issues
- Contract or Supplier Management advice
- Property Compliance advice
- Housing management advice
We’re a small business, so obviously we only have limited resources, but if we can help, we will.
Gareth, Charlie, Pete & Ellen
It has been really good to work with housing provider, Golding Homes over the last year, enabling their CRM service request workflow and bespoke Mutual Exchange solution.
A Customer & Building Safety Seminar attended by 15 housing associations has highlighted a need to improve technical competence, experience, data and processes and to go beyond statutory compliance to deliver safer homes.
On the 21st November our first Customer & Building Safety Seminar will take place at The House of St Barnabas in London. Bringing together industry experts, the event will be an opportunity to discuss how the housing sector is tackling compliance and why it is no longer enough.
Internet speeds and connectivity are becoming increasingly important for the smooth running of housing and IT systems. We have partnered with Mintivo to offer a great solution.
Manifest are actively working on the development of a broad, more consistent and enhanced level of application management service for customers, building on the typical model of more ad-hoc services currently offered.
Tenant portals or similar online services are a growing trend in the housing sector. And they have certainly come a long way since they first appeared on the market in 2000.